Sunday, October 28, 2012

I took this weekend off. We had Parent/Teacher conferences on Monday and Wednesday night. We had our BGSU class Tuesday night, and I stayed late Thursday doing lesson plans and making copies for this week. It was a long week. Saturday, my daughter came over with her boyfriend, his son, and their daughter- one of my beloved grand-babies. They were going to ride four-wheelers Saturday with my husband and I was watching Addy- 2 years old. I clearly had the best of the deal. We played, she napped, I did laundry, I picked out articles for my BGSU paper, we played some more, and then everybody came back. My husband had put on a pot of chilli before they left, and my son joined us for dinner. Then at 6:00 the fun continued- trick-or-treat. We sat on the front porch of the funeral home- my husband is a funeral director and we live in the apartment upstairs- and passed out candy. Addy was going trick-or-treating Wednesday. So, she helped pass out candy with us. Sometimes, you just have to take a break from the merry-go-round of life, and be a real person, and have fun. I had a lot of fun this weekend. I love my family and wouldn't trade them for the world- at least this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment